Wednesday 26 November 2014

Franck Ribery: Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2013 Ballon d’Or win ‘all politics’, now backs Neuer

B3XrxwbCIAAoeOy Franck Ribery: Cristiano Ronaldos 2013 Ballon dOr win all politics, now backs Neuer
It’s taken almost 12 months, but Franck Ribery has chosen now as the best time to air his thoughts on the result of the 2013 Ballon d’Or.
Back then, Ribery came in third place, with Lionel Messi getting silver to Cristiano Ronaldo’s gold.
Ribery made the top three for his influence in leading Bayern to a historic treble in 2013. 
The Frenchman, who failed to make this year’s 23 man cut completely, has blasted last year’s result, whilst calling for Manuel Neuer or Arjen Robben – both teammates at Bayern Munich – to win this year’s gong.

Ribery’s rant, given to Bild, was as follows:
I learned a lot during last year’s Ballon d’Or gala. As soon as I got there, I told my wife that I would lose.
I saw how Sepp Blatter was hugging Ronaldo and how his entire family was there. I’m not stupid. It was clear that he had to win it. He wouldn’t have brought his entire family with him otherwise.
It will be the same this year. What can I say about it? Manuel Neuer or Arjen Robben should win it. You can’t disagree with this. Manu has won it all, he is a great guy and he isn’t arrogant. Arjen has played an incredible season in the Bundesliga and then a fantastic World Cup.
But I fear it will be about politics again. The Ballon d’Or is no longer for the best player. It’s all about politics. Fabio Cannavaro won it in 2006 because he won the World Cup, that’s all.
I don’t miss the Ballon d’Or. I am not jealous because this award doesn’t mean anything to me any more. I am happy with what I have in Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment